The benefits of a strong workplace culture are wide and far reaching and there is creditable evidence that the impact on corporate performance can be an improvement up to 30% when a strong positive culture prevails.
Our experience in developing a safe, accountable, unique and high performance workplace culture hails back to the early 1990’s and in that time we have helped a number of organisations across a wide range of industries achieve extraordinary results.
We define a workplace culture as the sum total of the official and unofficial behaviours in a workplace or, in the language of the shop floor; "it is the way we do it around here".
Our learning's of transforming workplace cultures are:
· All workplaces have a culture and some have one or more at any one time.
· Workplace cultures are usually formed by piece meal, that is bit by bit while some (very few) are designed to maximise productivity. This is what we do.
· Workplace Cultural Surveys, with pre-ordained fields of enquiry are a waste of time and money. You don’t need a weatherman to tell you if it is raining.
· Companies have a clear choice; "Control the culture or it will control you"
· The Dunning Kruger Effect is the biggest and most prevalent hindrance and obstacle to any workplace cultural change project.
· With diligent planning and execution a Cultural Change Project should only take 100 days.
· The person at the top of the organisation is the one that determines the Corporate Culture either by deeds of commission or deeds of omission. It exists and survives because of him or her.
· Managers and Supervisors are the custodians of the culture. They don’t determine it; they are trusted with guarding and maintaining the workplace culture.
· Position Titles such as "Cultural Coach" or "Manager, People and Culture" are symbols and symptoms of a much deeper and more subtle state of confusion and dysfunction within the Organisation.
· Managers and Supervisors have a right to manage and if this is taken away from them in any way it is diluted in any form by third parties then this impacts on any Cultural Change Project.
· We only take on Cultural Realignment, Design and Development Projects if the client agrees that we either change the person or we change the person.
ARE YOU INTERESTED IN POTENTIALLY IMPROVING YOUR PRODUCTIVITY BY 30%?