Companies can only go as far as their culture will allow them. Capital expenditure on machines, IT systems and the like can be counter productive without the requisite expenditure on cultural transformation.
This is true in the following context:
- A Merger or Acquisition when the stakes are, according to credible research, an 80% failure rate
- A Greenfield Site cultures are normal followed by piecemeal, that is bit by bit in response to an incident, or, a strong or weak personality. A greenfield site offers the opportunity to design and implement a culture of first choice.
- A Brownfield Site Throwing out the old and bringing in the new requires skill and expertise - People don't resist change, people resist being changed.
- Any Combination of the Above every change management program is different and this requires a different solution for each case according to the prevailing circumstances.
Here are some of the possible reasons for failure:
- Lack of Leadership support
- Inability to envisage the future
- Underestimating the size of the task
- Using incorrect methodology
Call us to discuss our success in this area.