1ST DIMENSION - Can they do the job? (Skills)
- Do they have the skills and knowledge?
2ND DIMENSION - Will they do the job? (Motivation)
3RD DIMENSION - Will they fit in? (Culture Fit & Attitude)
- Will they be motivated by our management system (culture) to perform at the optimum level?
- Does the candidates style and manner fit the culture of the organisation
Case Study using the "Three Dimensional Selection System":
The client's recruitment costs were too high on all counts.
All previous systems had failed:
- Recruiting firms had failed to find the right people
- Preferred Supplier Agreements had failed because they were staffed with inexperienced recruiters
- In-house contractors had failed to understand the business.
The Three Dimensional Selection System is characterised by:
- Peer Assessment and panel interview
- Competency Based Job Descriptions
- Behavioral Event Interviewing Techniques
- A unique ranking system used in multiple hiring situations
- Psychometric tests that predict behavior under pressure
- Line and report managers involved in the recruitment process
In 18 months the improvements were outstanding:
- Turnover was reduced from nearly 25% to 5%
- Retention rates increased
- The volume of applicants increased
- Overall recruitment costs were significantly reduced